To be honest, I am super fussy when it comes about egg tarts, I can count my fingers telling ya how many times I've found the right egg tart that taste so good!I always love the egg tarts that have flaky crust and at the same time have yummy filling that doesn't taste like an egg too much.ya know what I mean? haha!
I think I've tasted the best egg tart ever,once, and that was when Dee bought it for me. like ages ago.the crust, the fillings..ah so perfecto!melt in mouth as what the Iron Chefs would say :p
So after going through my favorite cooking blog, sis Rima's, again and again, I finally spotted an egg tart recipe and after reading how sis Rima love this recipe so much and looking at her egg tart's pictures, I must try one lah!haha.
Pastry
250g plain flour
2 tbsp castor sugar
1 egg yolk
150g cold butter
-Cream the butter with the egg yolk and sugar.
-Add in flour. Mix well. (If the dough is sticky for you , well maybe your yolks are larger than mine, add in extra flour by the teaspoon until it no longer feels sticky, but got a slight flour feel to it, but not too much though, as it will toughen the crust. the borderline of stickiness and dry feel is very thin.. so, add extra flour with caution)
-Roll out pastry in between two sheets of plastic into thickness of about 4mm. Stamp out 9–10cm circles of pastry with a pastry cutter.
-Lightly press the pastry circles into foil tart cases.
-Refrigerate the lined foil cases for 2 hours, or you can just leave it overnight.
Filling
150g castor sugar
150ml hot water
250ml milk
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
3 large eggs
1 egg white (From the same egg where the yolk was used in the crust)
-Melt the sugar in hot water, add milk, salt, vanilla essence. Beat all the eggs lightly and mix in all together.
-Sieve egg mixture and pour into the cold tart crust.
-Bake at 180C for 25 minutes
mom liked it, she said the texture of the crust and the filling suits well, defers from the recipe she used to stick on to. so we'll be probably baking it again and again!
ah,excuse the photos. my camera is old now :/
4 comments:
ciao,
thanks for your kind comment ...and thanks for sharing ....sure I'll try to do that !
ave
seriously,nnti dah balik kuching i nak try all ur baking recipes.
they look super yummy!
white cab : :)
ween : weennn!haha.bile u balik Kuching?i'll be in SA around 14th,sempat ke nk jumpe? :p and yes, do try! :)
sempat.... i'll still be here until 17th kot hehe. i balik sarawak 21st btw
Post a Comment